View Full Description
Brand new sampling mode
The latest operating system update for the OP-Z (1.2.5) comes equipped with a brand-new sampling mode. This gives you the power to sample directly to the OP-Z, using either a headset or USB. This opens up a world of possibilities, allowing you to manipulate audio and even remix songs on the fly.
With the new update, you can use the two-channel audio interface to send digital audio to your OP-Z, as well as receive it for quick and easy recording. Also included within the update is the OP-1 sample format, providing support for pitch, gain, playmode and play direction. Other general updates include improved stability and a range of bug fixes. The newest OS can be downloaded directly from the teenage engineering website.
A galaxy of sound
OP-Z comes loaded with everything you need to get making music you'll love. It features 16 sample packs, with each containing 24 samples - the perfect springboard for your creativity. Or find your own voice by adding samples from elsewhere. Kicks, snares, sampler, bass, arps, one-shots, everything you need to make great music.
Thanks to the wonders of technology, OP-Z is fully updatable. At present, there are eight synthesis sound engines with which you craft otherworldly landscapes, searing leads, rumbling basses, and FM-style plucks. However, that's not all, OP-Z will receive more synthesis engines as time goes on, helping it stay at the cutting edge.
And if you love effects, you'll be pleased to know that OP-Z has two separate busses, you can use delay, reverb, bit-crush, and distortion on these bus tracks. Just like the synth engines, these will be updated with time. OP-Z will provide fresh inspiration as time goes by. It grows with you.
Endless sequencing possibilities
The Teenage Engineering OP-Z provides you with endless sequencing possibilities. It is a completely stand-alone synthesizer and composer providing you with endless sequencing steps, 160 user programmable patterns, and endless pattern chaining. The OP-Z allows for step recording and live recording, with a range of controls for editing your pattern, making it ideal for jamming and live performance.
Introducing step components
Step components is a new feature introduced by Teenage Engineering. Step components makes it possible to add unique step behaviors to every one of the 16 steps. The best way to describe this is to think of dual layer sequencing. The first layer is a traditional 16 step-sequencer, whereas the second layer adds variation per cycle, micro-sequencing, direction, note variation, parameter changes, re-triggering, and much more, all on one single step. Adding multiple step variations can create endless possibilities. A handy feature called 'catch up' forces a track to exit at a certain step to stay in sync. All the 14 components have 10 values and behavior programs, resulting in up to 140 ways to alter just one single step.
Image & 3D graphics sequencing
By downloading the free OP-Z iOS app from Apple's app store, you have the opportunity to pair your phone and OP-Z together to add several unique features. For example, you can use your phone's camera to take a number of photos, and then arrange them to a beat, essentially creating your own synchronised music video.
Take it anywhere
Thanks to the super compact design, the OP-Z can be taken anywhere with you. It's about half the size of the OP-1, and still packs a huge amount of power. Fit the device into your pocket and create sequences anywhere and everywhere.
Full Unity 3D integration
Teenage Engineering have worked closely with Keijiro Takahashi and the Unity Tokyo studio to allow the OP-Z to fully integrate with the Unity game engine. By linking the OP-Z with Unity, it allows users to create anything within Unity.
"Unique, inspirational and a lot of fun" Music Radar
Read the full review here.
"Overall, OP-Z is veering towards the genius level, in only a way that only Teenage Engineering products can. It is so well thought out in terms of both the hardware and the app and the two work beautifully with one another." MusicTech
Read the full review here.
- Advanced multi-speed 16-track sequencer
- Brand new sampling mode (available with the downloadable 1.2.5 OS update)
- Step component composing
- Endless sequencing steps
- Track independent length
- Track independent speed
- Step Components
- Step recording
- Live recording
- MIDI sequencing
- Image and 3D graphics sequencing - snap a series of photos ans sequence them to a beat
- Full Unity 3D integration
- DMX light sequencing
- Includes free app
- 16 individual and independent synthesis, sampler and control tracks (kick, snare, percussion, sampler, bass, lead, arpeggio, chords, FX slot 1, FX slot 2, tape, mixer, MIDI, CV & trig, light, motion)
- Comes with 16 sample packs, each containing 24 samples
- 8 synthesis based sound engines (more will be released continuously and made available through the configurator in the OP-Z app
- 160 user programmable patterns
- Endless pattern chaining
- 14 multi-program step components for advanced step sequencing
- Connect OP-Z wirelessly to an iOS device
- Integrated MEMS microphone
- Includes USB type C to USB A for charging and control
- Durable design
- Sensors: 6 axis motion sensor (g-force)
- Wireless: Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- Battery: 2 years stand-by time 6-hour battery life
- Connectors: USB Type C, 3.5mm 4-pole jack
- Compatibility: Compatible with any iOS device that is apple metal graphics specified
- Dimensions: 212.5 x 57.5 x 10mm (+5mm length for volume knob) (LxHxD)
- Analog devices blackfin 70X DSP
- Cirrus logic audio co-processor
- 1250 MMACS
- 48kHz, 24-bit DAC
- 122dB SNR
- Product: TEE0042